Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Population of Egypt

So, today we are working on our country reports and I get to Seth's, who is doing Egypt, and he has listed for the population:
"First there were 76 people, then there were 117, and now there are 421."

I am thinking to myself....hmmm...I wonder where he came up with this. Was he looking under ancient civilizations or something???

Then I say, hey Seth, let's look in your book to make sure this is accuarte. We turn to the quick facts page and sure enough...the population of Egypt is 76,117,421. I almost cried laughing! He thought he was pretty funny too. But logically, he had remembered learning that commas are used in a list, so the numbers must have been listed in the order of population changes!
**Note: He had also listed "I Rock" as a neighboring country.**

5 comments:

Lorilee said...

That is so funny Marissa, I just shared it with my whole family...what a cute kid.

The Thomases said...

What a hoot! You must be laughing all day long with all these funny kids.

The Thomases said...

P.S. Will you TVo Gilmore Girls for me?

aSHleY said...

That story was fantastic. I love it. Thanks for making my frosting yesterday-you saved me. Let me know when you are ready for your lesson.

A | E said...

awesome!