Monday, May 14, 2007

Meet Pig Pen...

Meet my student Jesse. Seriously, he is the real Pig Pen. Each day, the kids bring in their homework for me to check. There has not been a single day that Jesse has brought in his homework without some sort of food stuck to it, or wadded up like a piece of garbage, or soaking wet from who-knows-what. He often forgets to put his name on his paper, but that is no problem, because identifying it a cinch! Great kid, just a bit of a piggy. The nice thing is, my school creates a pretty accepting environment, and he is not viewed as "the stinky kid" or "the dirty kid." They all just like eachother for whatever they bring to the table. Maybe we could each take a lesson from the kiddos!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Oh man, I have a friend who reminds me of Pig Pen. It's been annoying me, but maybe I will try to be more accepting...and wear more perfume to cover up the smell.