Saturday, May 5, 2007

I Heart Sports!!

Cinco de Mayo proved itself to be a day full of sports action. First we started out with the most exciting 122 seconds of a jockey's year in Kentucky at Church Hill Downs for the Derby, then we moved westward to Houston where the Jazz took on the Rockets in Game 7, and finally ended our day in Sin City with the Mayweather vs. De La Hoya fight at the MGM Grand.

Luckily, to juggle all of this, we have our buddies Kevin and Hoppa, with their side-by-side TVs that allowed us to view the fight and the basketball game simultaneously.

I am happy to report that the event I care about most, the Jazz game, came out in our favor! First play-off series win since 2000--it's about time! At least now they have home-court advantage for the next round.

I didn't care much about the fight, but after listening to Mayweather flap his gums for about 3 seconds and watching his classless act of parading out of the locker room wearing a sombrero and t-shirts that said Mexico loves Mayweather, I was sorry that he beat out De La Hoya in the split decision especially on Cinco de Mayo.

As for the Kentucky Derby, it was pretty exciting...Street Sense came from 19th to win the $2,000,000 prize! (seriously!) My money was on Scat Daddy, only because I liked the name.

All in all, a good day for the sporting world!

5 comments:

The Thomases said...

Go Jazz!

Anne said...

Side by side TVs...genius

Morgan said...

Ok, I'm back on the band wagon. That Jazz game was rad, I was seriously worried Geoff was going to have a brain aneurysm, but luckily, the Jazz pulled it out and Geoff lived to see another day...or another game...whatever.

Lorilee said...

I much prefer the Kentucky Derby to the Jazz game.
Jazz=no thanks.
Beautiful horses, derby hats and sipping mint juleps=yes please.

Andrew said...

Youngs. Hello. Go Jazz. For a fleeting moment I was thinkin Scat Daddy however the moment passed when some fat drunk girl touched my face...so naturally my street sense just took over. Lesson=Dont touch my face.