Saturday, May 5, 2007

Call Me Crazy...

...but I really enjoy going to the dentist. I love my dentist's office--it is right downtown Beverly Hills, so I get to go shopping whenever I go, but even more than that...I love the feeling it leaves on my teeth after a cleaning and polishing. My hygienist is totally rad. I even wrote a letter saying how much I liked her to my dentist--who is not bad to look at himself!! Maybe I have just grown to appreciate oral hygiene because of my hubby who constantly tells me how important brushing and flossing is, but regardless, I feel I am one of the few who digs going to the ol' Dental Office. In light of this...I thought I would post a couple of dentistry jokes and cartoons.

What award do they give to the dentist of the year?
Just a little plaque.

What did the tooth say to the departing dentist?
Fill me in when you get back.


What time are most dental appointments scheduled for?*
Two-Thirty (get it, tooth hurty!!)**

* I think I stole this joke from Cody Walker, so make sure he knows I give him credit for it.
**I actually just overheard Sean scheduling an appointment with one of his patients for 2:30!!

1 comment:

L said...

You know what, Marissa, I'm totally with you on this one. I really like going to the dentist, too. They always seem so concerned that you're as comfortable as possible, and all you really have to do to be a model patient is hold still. I miss my dentist in LA. He is probably one of the most intense people I have ever met. He has a bunch of pamphlets in his lobby advertizing himself as a kung fu trainer. The man was a perfectionist--which meant he gave his poor hygienist (did I spell that right) a lot of grief. I felt bad for her. But he did seriously good dental work. I never had any pain, except the day they put my crown on without numbing me first. Ouch!