Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sounds Eclectic

We went to the Universal Amphitheatre (in Universal Studios) for the Annual KCRW Sounds Eclectic Show last Saturday. There were 7 bands that played well into the night. Very cool venue! The line-up included Bitter:Sweet, Breakastrut (who?), Travis, Cold War Kids, and Rodrigo & Gabriella (who were the most amazing guitarists I have ever seen!!)



The Lily Allen and Shins were the headliners. I like Lily Allen, but I LOVE the Shins!!
They are so great live, which is rare. They seem like guys I would like to hang out with. I bet they would come to a rootbeer tasting party! Their new album is superb and they played a bunch of their old stuff too. It was definitely worth suffering through a few of the other bands to get to the goods at the end!

2 comments:

Lorilee said...

I like Travis.
Nothin' like a good show filled with great music.
I really like the Shins too, but then again, who doesn't?

the youngs said...

Travis was a surprise. They didn't announce that they would be there, so it was a treat. Although, it did prolong the wait until the finale.