Saturday, September 29, 2007

MuteMath



I saw a new band (new to me), MuteMath on Thursday at The Avalon. I really liked them--they kind of sound like they have been inspired by The Police, but more current. I first heard of them when I saw their video on YouTube (you shoud really watch this video) for their song Typical which is rad because it is filmed backwards. The lead singer taught himself to sing the lyrics backward so it would match when they played it forward. Wicked cool. I have a new crush--the lead singer is ubercute AND he plays the keytar! The drummer was also very cool--he plays so hard, that when he puts his headphones on, he tapes them to his head with duct tape! They are pretty wild--they jump all over the stage, leap over keyboards and drums, and throw in all kinds of acrobatics! Those of you in SLC can check them out Tuesday night at Club Sound.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Boys who play kevtars are dreamy.

Shea_D said...

Yay! Loved that show. A-mazing Two thumbs up. Firgured out the silly string thing- it's from the video.