Saturday, September 22, 2007

Come Fly with Me...

Last weekend, while Sean and I were in Utah, we took a flight abord "Fojtek's Friendly Skies." Our good buddy, John Fojtek, got his pilot's license a few months back and even though he only got a 98% on his flight test, we decided we would risk entrusting our lives with his skills anyway. We flew up to my old home--Jackson Hole, WY--and had breakfast at the Bunnery--my fave! It had been a little over 5 years since Sean and I had been up to Jackson Hole for our honeymoon, but it was just as I remembered it.

We got up early and headed to the Bountiful Sky Park. We were greeted with water bottles, pretzels, and even a Dove Chocolate compliments of the airline. It was a smooth sailing and beautiful flight into Jackson. The views were incredible!

"88 Mike"


John and co-pilot Sean


Bear Lake from above--I think you can see the Lyon's boat :)


The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in downtown Jackson.


After a windy return flight, we made it safely back. Some of us survived the turbulance a little better than others, right Shel?

Thanks to John and Shelly for taking us on such an exciting adventure!

**Note to 1998 Woods Cross Graduates: Dave Axenty was John's flight instructor! What a co-inky-dink!

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Oh man, that is so cool! Brian has talked about getting his pilot's license! It seems like that's the way to go! How fun!

Morgan said...

I wish you had seen the Lyon's boat...and that I had been on it! Water skiing once a year is not even close to being sufficient! I'm glad you guys had such a fun trip...going to a rockin' Utes game and then back to your honeymoon town just after your 5 year reunion! That is awesome.

Ryan and Emily said...

Wow, how fun!! I think I would be a little nervous being in such a small plane.