Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Two Good Shows and Two Good Nights

Last night I went to the El Rey Theatre to see Lucinda Williams with Kimber and Chad. I had no idea that this gal was so rad. She is amazing and energetic and so funny. She was non-stop entertainment from 9:30-12:30**. She brought out special guests--Emmy Lou Harris, John Doe, and a few other old country/folk rocksters and we danced the night away! Other than the strung out girl who fell on Kimber and then wanted to be her best friend, the night was flawless and fun!

I don't know if any of you have seen Once, I actually haven't yet, but I fully intend to. This band, The Frames', music is featured throughout. In fact, the lead singer is the lead role in the movie. The Frames are an Irish mellow rockish band that I very much enjoyed. And I especially liked their accents! Thanks to the mother of one of my students who gave me these tickets she couldn't use.

I think I have found a new favorite song: Falling Slowly. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=938XY6DX02w It makes me miss my hubby! (Some of you may not know that Sean is on a 5 week externship tour...he's been gone 2 weeks, so only 3 to go!)

**Please note that the term "school night" does not apply to me." **

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Man I feel you, travelling husbands are lame. Husbands at home are much preferred.

A | E said...

Yeah, Once is amazing. Speaking of Amazing, Chad and Kimber ran past me while I was sitting in my car on Santa Monica Blvd. yesterday evening...weird, I guess we live like a block away now.

Lofgrens said...

Oh wow! 5 weeks! I was feeling a little bad for me with Trent being gone for 2 weeks, home for 1 then gone for another week! Hang in there!