Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cakes lead to Treason...

WARNING:
THIS CAKE IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE OPINIONS OF THIS BLOGGER OR ITS AFFILIATES!

...let me explain. I volunteered my cake decorating skills (or skillz, if you will ;) to make our friend Dallin's first birthday cake. Shannon (his mommy) told me I could choose the theme of the cake. Hmmm...what a big responsibility. Should I go for the hip pirate cake? A Cars cake? Everyone likes Mickey Mouse... I think he likes dinosaurs, so I decide to go for the dinos! But I get to Michael's and there aren't too many dinosaur cake decorations. So, I start thinking...Dallin's dad, Seth, loves-and I mean LOVES-football, so I will make a football cake. The only problem is that he LOVES BYU Football...the bane of my existence! But I decided to take one for the "other team" and treat Dallin to a Coug Cake. I think he liked it, but not as much as his daddy.

To my fellow Utes: please forgive me for committing such an act of treason!

I also ended up making a dinosaur cake too-the one Dallin got to dig into!
Happy Birthday, big D!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the cake decorating. You are a pro!

Bonecrusher said...

Best. Cake. Ever. Seriously, thanks for all the hard work to make Dallin's cakes! WE really appreciate.

Beth Dickson said...

So cute! I love them both!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Those looked awesome!

P.S. Thanks so much for all the fun mail lately. Chase loved the dinos and I adore my DP chapstick. Thanks for thinking of us. Miss you guys...when are you coming again?

Shannon said...

Marissa you crack me up. I laughed so hard reading this post. Those cakes were amazing! Thank you so much. Thanks also for the hat. You are the best Utah friend we have ever had ;).