Monday, October 27, 2008

Village of Nash Series: Part 4

Nashville Factoid #4: Yellow Traffic Lights
Unfortunately, no one told the drivers here that you can turn left on yellow lights. It is almost maddening how often you will sit through a green to yellow light and the car in front of you in the left turn lane will sit and wait for the red. Thus you wait an entire cycle to get another chance at the left turn. Perhaps we were spoiled living in LA where driving is as natural as breathing, and no one would never let a perfectly yellow light go to waste, but here I feel like I am always stuck behind someone's grandparent! So, come on Nashvillians, be daring.

Go for the gold!

8 comments:

betsey said...

That would drive me nuts! One of the things that I miss in L.A. is the fact that drivers are aggressive and will get out there and GO! I get so irritated driving when people are passive.

The Thomases said...

It's the same thing here!!! Marc and I get so mad.

Unknown said...

well, I've finally meandered my way to yall's (wow) blog. I'm a bit slow on the uptake, seeing as we've been sharing a wall for so long. And if you hate driving here, I suggest you never go to Ohio.

sallyavena said...

okay, I'm blog hopping today while I'm waiting for Clara to fall asleep. Here's the deal from first hand experience, you aren't supposed to move out of the turn lane into the intersection. it's illegal, meaning you can get a ticket. therefore not as many people push the yellow here and I am now one of them:)...fun to see your blog though.

Unknown said...

I would go crazy. I can't stand waiting. Good luck.

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I'd like to say I would be honking my horn at those buggers...but, I know I'd fall into the nice-ness trap of the people in Nashville.

Anne said...

Happy Birthday, Missy!!!!!

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Same in SC. Driving here is kind of a joke. People are way too polite. They'll stop in the middle of traffic to let someone turn into the street at any given time. Not a good thing, and really not polite when the dummy who was being "nice" causes an accident. YO!