Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Super Sweet 16!!

For the past 3 years, I worked as a tutor for a girl in middle school. Our relationship developed to more of a big sis/little sis bond. So, for her sweet 16 birthday party, her parents flew us out to L.A. and put us up in their guest house. We felt pretty special to get the star treatment! Thanks a million--we were happy to be able to be there!!


Here we are getting our photos taken on the red carpet by the paparazzi!


Ashley, me, and the birthday girl!

Sean looked great in his new black pants and skinny tie--too bad we didn't know that he would be matching the server uniforms!


Lucy really enjoyed the party! (She slept for almost the entire thing!)



Hot pink Chinese Take Out Boxes--so chic!



Blue Magic Mocktails--yum!



We got sketched by the characature artist--notice Lucy's eyes are closed!



We rocked out on the Rock Band stage to "We Got the Beat"


It was so fun to spend a few days with the Pooles. We have really missed them and living in L.A. Plus, it was pretty much the best birthday party I have ever been to!

8 comments:

The 'Chard said...

I wondered what the trip to L.A. was for, wow! Looks like a pretty incredible event! Plus, you look AMAZING in that adorable hot pink dress! Way to go you hot momma!

The 'Chard said...

This is Betsey by the way, I'm not sure why I am posting as Richard...

Lorilee said...

I'm rolling at the photo of sean and the servers. funny.
they seriously flew you out for a bday part? crazy. looks like you know how to make friends with just the right people.
ps. you look pretty in pink.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Was that party on MTV's sweet 16 show?

The Watty's said...

You all look so. . .well, important! I wish I could see you entertain the masses again. One of my favorite faculty parties was you singing and dancing...you not only have the beat, but the moves too.

L said...

That's some crazy birthday party! People with money kind of astound me sometimes... And I'm kind of relieved to hear that it's Betsey calling you a hot momma and not Richard. Not, I'm sure, that the 'chard wouldn't be among the first to pay you a lovely compliment! And yes, you all looked great! Miss you!

Jill said...

Wow! I wish I could have had a sweet 16 party like that! They must be loaded. That is hilarious that Sean looked like the servers. Did people come up to him to ask him for things?

mutze handknit by ashley said...

well my sweet sixteen was at chucky cheese in Boise Idaho and I think it was way better then that.
What a fun vacation. I wish we could have gone. Lucy is just to die for. I love that you are using your skull blanket for walking. It looks so cute. Im planning my trip for feb. Can't wait. xoxo.
ash