Saturday, January 19, 2008

I scream for ice cream!!

Daiquiri Ice is my all time fave flave!! I can't resist it. Everytime I walk into Baskin Robbins, I think...okay, Marissa, you have to try something else this time. But without fail, I end up with a waffle cone full of that beautiful, icey turquoise dream-come-true. To my delight, Sean has found the recipe to make our own at home & it is delicious!!



SIDEBAR: I have been bugging Sean for 5 years to buy me an ice cream machine. But he insisted that like so many other things I get (i.e. sewing machine, tennis racquets, scrapbooking supplies) that I will love it at first, but then it will find its way to the back of the closet never to be seen again. BUT for Christmas this year, he totally surprised me, and bought me the one I would ogle each time I went to Williams Sonoma. And I tell you what, with this new delicious goodness I can make--it is front and center in my kitchen and won't be finding the back of a closet any time soon!! If anyone would like a try, just let me know. I am happy to make a new batch anytime!

7 comments:

Aldred Family said...

Yum!! I share your love for daquiri ice icecream!! Jeff thinks that we should be part owners of Baskin Robins at this point! You will definitely have to pass on the recipe!

The Thomases said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you guys have an ice cream maker! I'll have to send you some of my fav recipes.

Lindsey said...

Yay for Mariss! My sis has the same machine and it's totally boss. boss-rageous even. I had the same scenario - I think I wanted one for four years before I finally got one for Valentine's, and I LOVE it. I am still looking for a good ice cream recipe book, let me know if you find one.

Lindsey said...

ditto - please post your daquiri-ice recipe!

Lorilee said...

be careful, I had that exact same ice cream maker, and I put too much ice cream in it and the motor burned out and it broke forever :(

Andrew said...

Having spent two years of my life behind the B&R counter I can safely say there is no better choice than the daiquiri ice. Well done.

Unknown said...

I got the same ice cream maker for Christmas from Miles. Mmmm...