Sunday, October 14, 2007

Glory Bound

Sean's big brother, Chris (yes, the hot one) was in town this weekend, so we decided to take in a Martin Sexton concert at the Anaheim House of Blues with some other chums--JD and Kallie. I have been wanting to see Martin for ages, but was never able to make it to a show. The long wait was worth it. He did not disappoint. In addition to seemingly having the same DNA as Jack Black (honestly, do they have the same mom? Though he is the non-comedic version), he is a musical genious. I am so jealous of those who can make it look so easy! His folky/bluesy sound takes me to a front porch in summer sipping a lemonade.
Check out one of my favorite songs: Halleluia
He was also featured on Scrubs with this song Diner.

3 comments:

The Thomases said...

I've never heard of him before, but I really liked those songs you included in the post. We'll have to check him out sometime!

Anne said...

How could anyone resist a man with such flowing locks?

PDY said...

"...the hot one." So what are Brady and I? Careful, your Christmas present may depend on this.