Friday, August 24, 2007

Youngs Vs. Wild

To celebrate our 5 year anniversary, Sean and I headed to the great outdoors. (An attempt to be a little less "indoorsy!") We packed our tent, coolers, camp stove, chairs, and grill for some good old "Car Camping" in Sequioa.


We made sure to put all of our food in our "Bear Box" so that we would not be attacked by the many black bears in the area. Sean wanted to leave food out to attract one, so we could get a good view, but I was not okay with this idea. (We have seen what a bear can do to a person! Right, Bishop Mike??)










Cooking a delicious dinner!






We hiked the Big Meadow Trail to Weaver Lake.




Sean found a big pinecone.





We even went for a dip in the chilly lake! Woooweee....

But the most spectacular sight of all was, of course, the trees!!


This here is the general Sherman.
He is the largest living thing on Earth!
If interested, check out these
stats!!

4 comments:

betsey said...

Did you hear that the guy who is the star of Man vs. Wild has help? I read that he has gotten food shipped in on occasion! I feel cheated! It looks that you guys had a great time camping, what a fun adventure-way to enjoy California!

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Sequoia is one of my favorite places on earth. Thanks for the photos. General Shermin inspires all men! -Joel

The Thomases said...

Those trees are amazing!! I think I visited there once as a kid because General Shermin looks somewhat familiar. Or maybe it was Yosemite. I don't remember.

The Morris Fam said...

Sweet trip. I remember going there as a kid and yes, those trees still look as tall as I remember them. What a great time. I love being outdoors!