Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good Old Fashioned Family Campin'



Every summer since I was about 10, my family (on my mom's side) has been going to Cascade Reservoir in Idaho to camp, fish, and water ski. It is the best place on earth as far as I am concerned. Camping right on the beach of a warm alpine lake--that is heaven on earth to me.

It is a rare occasion that everyone can make it because of busy schedules, but this time 'round all 5 Wellings were there!!


It was just like old times with the 5 of us all sleeping in the same tent trailor. Only it was a little tighter fit this time with my 6'2, 6'3, and 6'4 dad andbrothers!


The whole Peterson/Beto gang made it



As did the Warner Crew


Here's Mike and Syd


The Haagensens


And of course Grandma and Grandpa


Jadon, Cousin Jesse and Tyce with the new wake board.




I like to stick to the old trusty ski!



Relaxing on the beach with a cold one!


Unfortunately with all the wild fires in Idaho, we weren't allowed to have campfires, so this is my s'more roasting spot. It was still pretty great and I was left wanting s'more!



The rope swing made for endless hours of fun! Ain't life's simple pleasures grand?!



Almost only counts in....
Horseshoes!
(By the way, I am officially the worst horseshoe tosser in the western United States!)



Another time passer is "Beach Driving Range" shhhh...don't tell the rangers or Al Gore.


The forest fires made for some b-e-a-utiful moon rises and sunsets.

And even though we couldn't have fires, that didn't stop us from sitting around the firepit (with a latern in it to fool the mind) and playing "would you rather" or listening to cousin Sean Impomeni do impressions. Aunt Jeannie was his best. You may want to remember his name as he will likely be in a comedy club near you. Funny stuff and good times!

You may ask yourself, where is Sean Young?? One guess....yep, in school. (But he was on Oral Surgery Block which he loved, so he didn't feel so bad missing the vacay.)

8 comments:

The Thomases said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love how your bro is wearing a Dodgers t-shirt!

Morgan said...

Holy crap Tyce is tall. Looks like a gorgeous trip, and I am glad you stuck with the ski. Nothing is better than a great slalom run on glass.

P.S. I blow goats at horseshoe tossing...does that mean I am the worst in the Eastern United States?

Lorilee said...

Nothin' like some good old fashion campin'.
I love the photos of the mountains/sunsets..so pretty.
I love a girl who isn't afraid to post of photo of herself in a swimsuit! Good job Maris.. but I guess when you look as hot at you do, why whouldn't you?

aSHleY said...

Looks like some good ol' fahion Idaho fun. Thanks for the shout our to my home state. Way to Go IDAHO!

derrickfam said...

I love camping! That looks like such a beautiful place! Nice work on the waterski!!

Anonymous said...

LUCKY!

Unknown said...

When did Tyce grow up? Holy Cow!! Looks like you had fun. I miss the Wellings. Give everyone hugs.

Wilson 5 said...

Looks like an awesome lake to get a little R&R! I too, am glad you stuck with the ski.