Saturday, February 9, 2008

You've Got to Be Kidding!!

So, it was about 75 degrees today in LA with lows of around 60 tonight when Sean and I went out to dinner. While waiting for our table outside of Tofu Ya** we noticed a woman wearing this jacket. Come on! Maybe I should invite her to Utah, so she can experience what it feels like to really need a freakin' down coat! In fact, I left my North Face coat in SLC last time I was in town because I had never needed it here.

**Delicious, inexpensive Japanese/Korean food! If you are in the mood for yummy Korean bbq or Japanese Katsu, go check it out. The California Roll was tasty too. It is on Sawtelle near Asahi.** But don't forget your boots, gloves, and hats because you may have to wait outside for a table!

4 comments:

The Thomases said...

Oh my gosh! I totally agree. Native Californians are such whimps. Whenever I leave work at night my co-workers ask me where my jacket is. Uhh, what jacket, it's 65 degree and my car is 100 feet from the door? "It's freeeeeezing" they always say. Try living in Utah ya whimps!

Lofgrens said...

You could bring her here to Wisconsin so she could understand the reality of 40 degrees BELOW ZERO!!! Though, at that point, that North Face Jacket wouldn't even do much good. But you're right - her wearing that then seems a bit ridiculous!!

Sid said...

Hey Marissa- thanks for your comment on my blog. That is so funny! Yeah- come to our state and see what cold really is! When I lived in CA, I saw the same thing and it made me laugh! Hope you guys are doing well!

L said...

A couple of months ago now, I stepped off the train after my morning commute wearing a mid-weight sweater, which I thought might be a bit too warm (it was). And by me walks a woman wearing an ankle-length down coat, all buttoned up and with the hood up. ?!? I'm a native Californian, BTW, and I ain't no weather wimp! We had a solid month of highs in the 40's up here in Sac. That's coat weather in my book!