Sunday, July 15, 2007

You Remind Me of the Babe...

I got this movie for Christmas from my parents because when I was a youngster, I would rent it every time, an I do mean every time, we would go to the Movie Buffs video rental store. Sean and I decided to watch it last night, and man-- that David Bowie is so hot in his tight pants as the Goblin King! The Bog of Eternal Stench, Hoggle, Ludo, and all of the creatures are so creative and fun. I love it. "You remind me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power. What power? The power of voodoo, who do? you do! Do what? Remind me of the babe!!"

11 comments:

Anne said...

Scary, I was just about to blog about this movie!! For reals. No joke. David Bowie both frightened and attracted me at the same time. It gave me some very confusing feelings as an 8-year-old. When he and Sarah are dancing at the ball I kind of want her to stay and live with him forever.

aSHleY said...

I loved this movie as a child. We had it on Beta(sp?). I wore out the tape I watched it so often. I may need to borrow your DVD.

Unknown said...

I think I liked that movie until I went to Beau Brewer's house in 9th grade and he was obsessed and I mean truly obsessed with it. I was kind of weirded out by him. Maybe I'll have to try watching it again.

Anonymous said...

This was one of my favorite movies too. I am not sure why I loved it so much. It is kind of a strange movie. The only line I remember is, "slap that baby make him pee." Is that how it goes??

A | E said...

this movie is perfect, as are bowie's pants

Morgan said...

This movie fuhreaked me out as a kid! I remember watching it while Sara and Sarah were babysitting and I was seriously scared.

P.S. Where are the Japan pics?

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew said...

Labyrinth is pretty darn good...but really lets talk about real cinema magic- The Dark Crystal. Where have all the good movies gone?

the youngs said...

I am wicked scared of the Dark Crystal!

David said...

"i saw my baby, crying hard as babes could cry... what could i do?"

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Although hetero-colored eyes add an air of mystery to any man... I must say that in the Dark Crystal vs. Labryinth smackdown Dark Crystal wins because of the walker things that carry the elf-face people. Also, don't forget the Black Cauldron as the third in the 80's wierd fantasy trifecta