Friday, January 16, 2009

Village of Nash Series: Part 6

Nashville Factoid #6: SNOW DAYS
Being from Utah, we expected lots of snow each winter. As students of Utah schools, we were like the post office employees...come rain, sleet or snow, we were walking to school--and playing outside during recess for that matter. (I remember doing a few unintentional 360s while driving the treacherous, icy roads to school due to the frigid temps and record snowfall.)

On a very rare and joyous day, the snow would be so deep that school would have to be canceled--but it had to be a storm right out of the arctic circle that dumped at least 9 or 10 feet of snow!

The same rule applies here in Tennessee....Take a look at these photos of the blizzard that tore through here this week!
(Of course, all school districts in the area were shut down due to this snow pack!)

7 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I kept scrolling down to see these Nashville in a blizzard pictures. Not so quick to realize, those bare lawn pics are the ones!!! hehehe.

L said...

Well, at least they're a little more hard core than LA, where they cancel school when there's a light drizzle.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness...that is priceless! And Lucy is getting so big! She is darling :) Oh and Sir laughed and said to tell you hi!

The Thomases said...

Are you kidding me?!

Karolyn said...

They don't close the schools in Chicago for a little dusting of snow. It was 30 below last week (record lows) and we got 18 inches, but Mila still went to school. I felt pretty sorry for her because I knew there'd be no recess.

Kim Silver said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! Does everyone just stay in on a day like this? I don't get it.

Bellblogging said...

That is funny! Not the same as back home! I can't believe you are already home! I ment to get you some dresses and well time flies!! Is anyone visiting you anytime soon? Let me know I could send some out then!