Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Village of Nash Series: Part 5

Nashville Factoid #5: Just like Buttah...
So, everyone knows that the south is known for their homecookin'. Biscuits, gravy, fried chicken, corn puddin', grits, and such all use a lot of "Love" as Paula Deen calls it, AKA butter. The people here love their butter. In fact, just today I was at Target and purchased a wheat, chedder pretzel and the girl who rang me up asked if I would like butter on my pretzel!! What? Who puts butter on a pretzel? I guess folks here do since they put it on everything else!

5 comments:

Kim Silver said...

Wow, really? I haven't looked at your blog in such a long time. Looks like Nashville is home sweet home, lots of fun stuff to do.

Unknown said...

Oh man, that's gross.

Jill said...

That is funny. I love Paula Dean because her food always looks so yummy, I know from all the butter!

Sarah said...

I totally don't know you but feel prompted to comment. At Auntie Annes & Pretzelmaker they stopped spraying pretzels with water and sticking them in salt a while ago. Now they dip them in butter and them roll them in the appropriate topping....sugar & cinnamon, salt, garlic, parmesan cheese, etc. Yum!

Stapletons said...

Ask Sean! They put butter on pretzels in Germany. I used to eat a plain pretzel pretty much every single day. Then I found that if I paid the extra 25 cents to get butter on it, it would stick to my ribs (and my butt) longer. :) So I did that, obviously, for a little too long. :)